View Single Post

Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Ranger Enthusiast

Default Re: Ask all HID questions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by red240 View Post
Hi I recently purchased bixenon lights from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3226wt_1165) and it just said replace the stock bulbs with those ones. I did that and they work but they sent me 4 bulbs. Two of them are kind of slanted and two of them are straight. I installed the straight ones because they were the ones that fit right but I have no clue what the other ones are for or if I did something wrong. Also my truck is a 1997 Ford Ranger XLT stock.
You got ripped off. Those bulbs do nothing more than stock, and are actually probably worse than stuck. They are not bixenon lights like you think, reading an eBay description is very important. As the eBay description states, they are "Brand New Halogen Light Bulbs."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1101 View Post
Im also looking at getting the Halo Projector Head Lights with a HID Kit and have a few simple questions.
1.) Are HID kits universal with all headlight housings?
2.) If so, I go online, buy the Halo Headlights and an HID Kit, will that be everything I need to convert my current headlights?
3.) Are HID Kits also compatable with fog lights? Or is it a seperate kit than the headlights?

Thanks!
1) HID kits are universal. HID bulbs are not.
2) Not sure
3) See #1. You can buy the same kit, just need to get specific bulbs for your fog socket.

Using the forum:
How to Post on the Forum
Creating a signature (do this before asking any questions)
Upload an Avatar (image of your Ranger)
How to Post Pictures on the Forum
Switch the site layout: Light Theme or Dark Theme

Things to do:
Participate in Truck of the Month
Participate in the Ranger Photo Contest
Participate in the Non-Automotive Photo Contest
Become a Site Contributor
Shop at the FordRangerForum.com Store