View Single Post

Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Ford Ranger Owner

Default Re: Cleaning Cloth Seats

Good info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu50 View Post
It wasnt too bad, I took the seats out of the truck, disassembled the armrest from the seat and looked underneath, there are some plastic clips sewed to the fabric that hold the covers to the seat frame.

I popped those loose from the frame and gently pulled the covers off.

The foam had some velcro in it to hold the seat in place. It was kinda hard to get loose, but I gently took it apart. I then stuck the cover in the washer, washing it on COLD and LET IT AIR DRY.
I used fabric softener also, which made it smell like fresh laundry, vs all that nastyness.....

Putting it back together was easy, just the reverse of taking it apart.

The seat back was a little harder. I removed the head rest then found where the bottom of the cushion met. It had the same clips on bottom attached to each other. It looked almost like it was sewn together, but i couldnt see any threads.

Those clips looked like two "S" attached together. It also had velcro. Once it was loose, the plastic head rest holders popped right out.

All in all, it took about 4 hours to do the job. While the seat was, i scrubbed/hosed the rubber floor and vacuumed the edges. It looks like new!.

I wish i had some pics. I will try to take some with the seats in the truck. It was easy.......Good luck!