View Single Post

Old 04-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

Default Wet floor, sloshing sound, no drainage from the wiper cowl --> fix

After reviewing every WRONG way to locate the "drain" (which there technically isn't one) for the cowl/windshield wiper area, I decided to find the right way and post it here.

I was getting the familiar sloshing, wet floor symptom and knew my wiper drain wasn't emptying itself. The PROPER way to fix it is below, as there is not actually a drain in the form of what you are looking for.

Everyone gets under the truck looking for a drain hose...... don't bother, there isn't one. The drain itself is actually just a hole cut in the side of the wiper box that water runs out of, down the core support of the inner fender, and out the plastic box you see at the bottom of your front door edge. At no point is there an actual drain or hose, nor can you see any part of where the drainage area is in the fender. The water free falls the whole way down inside the fender lining to the bottom of the lining.

The only way to clean it is to do the following...........

Remove the fuse box by the two clips (takes no time at all, literally unclips). You as well may wish to undo your battery terminal if you are the skiddish type just so no energy is present. Afterwards, remove the three 7mm bolts holding the plate on to the firewall.

Look at all that crap........... clean it out with a wet vac.

You can see the box with the side plate removed here in these two pics, the triangle area.

At the bottom of the fender unbolt the box and drop it down so you can clean out the mud, it will likely be packed full. Horrible design, just a pencil eraser sized hole at the bottom.

Put it back together and it'll take a tinkle. (a smart man would open this hole up a little bit as well)