Hope this helps...
Instrument Panel, Ranger
Removal and Installation
1. Disconnect battery ground cable (14301).
2. Disconnect wiring connectors in engine compartment.
3. Remove two bolts retaining hood latch control handle and cable (16916) and lower cable and two bolts attaching parking brake release.
4. Move transfer case control to far forward position.
5. Remove instrument panel steering column cover (04459) by removing two (2) screws and pulling on cover to release grasshopper clips.
6. Remove bolt to bracket at right of accelerator pedal.
7. Remove instrument panel steering column reinforcement by removing six (6) screws.
8. Remove TK yoke by removing two (2) nuts from cross vehicle beam.
9. Open fuse panel door, and remove two (2) bolts attaching instrument panel to cowl (A pillar beam).
10. On right side of instrument panel lower, remove one (1) bolt.
11. Remove one (1) threadless fastener and two (2) pushpins attaching insulator to lower right-hand instrument panel .
12. Lift edge of defroster grille, using a flat wooden dowel, then pull up on defroster grille to release clips and tension tabs. Remove defroster grille.
13. Remove four (4) bolts at top of instrument panel.
14. Disconnect all electrical connections at rear of instrument panel.
15. Remove instrument panel.
Instrument Panel, Ranger
Item Part Number Description
1 046B62 Instrument Panel Defroster Opening Grille
2 043C18 Passenger Air Bag Opening Cover Assembly
3 N808849-S36 Screw (6 Req'd)
4 N805949-S36B Screw (2 Req'd)
5 04304 Instrument Panel Assembly
6 1006024 Glove Box
7 N803613-S Pushpin (1 Req'd)
8 N803362-S Rivet (2 Req'd)
9 04398 Instrument Panel Sound Insulation
10 385754-S36B Screw (2 Req'd)
11 044C92 Instrument Panel Finish Center Bracket
12 N807122-S411 Screw (12 Req'd)
13 N806886-S36 Nut (1 Req'd)
14 043A50 Instrument Panel Brace
15 N606677-S36 Screw (2 Req'd)
16 04810 Instrument Panel Ash Receptacle
17 N803876-S36 Screw (10 Req'd)
18 044D70 Instrument Panel Finish Panel (Center)
19 04371 Instrument Panel Radio Opening Panel
20 044D82 Instrument Panel Cover Access Cover
21 04459 Instrument Panel Steering Column Cover
22 017A28 Instrument Panel Steering Column Opening Cover Reinforcement
23 — Nut (2 Req'd)
24 044C86 Instrument Panel Steering Column Opening Center Reinforcement
25 N803877-S411 Screw (4 Req'd)
26 7A110 Transmission Range Indicator
27 10849 Instrument Cluster
28 045D62 Instrument Panel Fuse Panel Opening Door
29 044D70 Instrument Panel Finish Panel (Cluster)
A — Tighten to 26-34 Nm
B — Tighten to 10-14 Nm
C — Tighten to 1-2 Nm
D — Tighten to 2-3 Nm
16. If replacing instrument panel, transfer all components to new instrument panel.
For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order