Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 12-03-2016, 01:24 PM
hellrods ranger hellrods ranger is offline
temperamental
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 16
Default IACV delete

hello all. i have an 88 2.3 ranger, and i revived it from a junkyard, it usee to be extremely peppy, but i feel as if my fuel mileage is going down as is my acceleration and top speed, is there a way to go about deleting the idle air control valve? i need to delete it so i can replace the entire air system with just a regular cold air intake, as ive heard the stock filters are highly restrictive.

thank you
__________________
88 ford ranger 2.3 manual

new trans, calipers, pads, fuel filters, in tank pump, sending unit, map sensor,
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2016, 03:36 PM
dvrich dvrich is offline
Lifetime DAV Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,431
Default Re: IACV delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrods ranger View Post
hello all. i have an 88 2.3 ranger, and i revived it from a junkyard, it usee to be extremely peppy, but i feel as if my fuel mileage is going down as is my acceleration and top speed, is there a way to go about deleting the idle air control valve? i need to delete it so i can replace the entire air system with just a regular cold air intake, as ive heard the stock filters are highly restrictive.

thank you

An 88 Ranger with a 2.3 was never peppy. A stock filter is MORE THAN enough for that engine......what idiot told you the stock filters are highly restrictive?
__________________
2014 Ford F150 4x4 Supercab 5.0 STX 9500 miles 18 mpg overall
2015 Ford F150 4x2 Supercab 3.5 TIVCT 13,500 miles 21 mpg overall
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-03-2016, 03:58 PM
hellrods ranger hellrods ranger is offline
temperamental
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 16
Default Re: IACV delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrich View Post
An 88 Ranger with a 2.3 was never peppy. A stock filter is MORE THAN enough for that engine......what idiot told you the stock filters are highly restrictive?
i was told by a guy that has how to's on http://www.route66hotrodhigh.com/2300.html
__________________
88 ford ranger 2.3 manual

new trans, calipers, pads, fuel filters, in tank pump, sending unit, map sensor,
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-03-2016, 04:35 PM
dvrich dvrich is offline
Lifetime DAV Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,431
Default Re: IACV delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrods ranger View Post
i was told by a guy that has how to's on http://www.route66hotrodhigh.com/2300.html

The stock intake and filter are perfect for that little breather.
__________________
2014 Ford F150 4x4 Supercab 5.0 STX 9500 miles 18 mpg overall
2015 Ford F150 4x2 Supercab 3.5 TIVCT 13,500 miles 21 mpg overall
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2.3, cold air, delete, iacv

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleaning IACV and Throttle Body (Youtube Video) greenteagod 4-Cylinder Tech 1 05-30-2016 06:01 AM
IACV Location daytonaranger 3.0 Vulcan Tech 13 03-27-2014 10:28 PM
Please help tps and iacv problem?? Chris95 4-Cylinder Tech 0 09-05-2013 07:27 PM
2004 3.0 jumps in 2nd and reverse after TB and IACV cleaning Crimsonking 3.0 Vulcan Tech 9 02-10-2012 09:51 PM
just cleaned my IACV!! ColinS 4-Cylinder Tech 0 03-01-2011 01:47 PM