Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 02-14-2015, 01:01 PM
RescueRanger96 RescueRanger96 is offline
Clifford
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,950
Default 2.3 Tuner for regear

alright guys, looking for a tuner for my 2003 2.3 so when i regear i can change the computer, will a superchips flashpaq for a 3.0 be fine or is that a no go? their website just says 3.0 and 4.0
__________________
December 2014 TOTM
2003 Ford Ranger 2.3L 2wd FX2 Regular Cab
3 inch Spindle and 2 inch spacer lift-33x12.5x15 Duratracs


Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
Great in the dirt, but once it gets wet, forget about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
You really did pick the deepest/worst angle to go into that hole btw.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-14-2015, 01:09 PM
riscorpian riscorpian is offline
The Projectionator
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 861
Default Re: 2.3 Tuner for regear

This particular engine is very mean to any tuner that doesn't specifically say it supports it. I tried a quarterhorse on mine (same motor, same year), but couldn't find any software that could work with it. Nobody understood the calibration. Even when I gave up and went with an SCT X4 from MorePowerTuning, they had to get me to collect some data before they could verify that the info they had was correct. It's very strange.

I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer and asking them if this engine specifically is supported. Give 'em your PCM's cal code if you can.
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4 Duratec DOHC, 5R44E 5-speed auto, RWD, 7.5" Open w/ 4.10 Ratio, Gibson split-rear catback
Sonic Blue Pearl with dark gray trim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-14-2015, 01:23 PM
RescueRanger96 RescueRanger96 is offline
Clifford
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riscorpian View Post
This particular engine is very mean to any tuner that doesn't specifically say it supports it. I tried a quarterhorse on mine (same motor, same year), but couldn't find any software that could work with it. Nobody understood the calibration. Even when I gave up and went with an SCT X4 from MorePowerTuning, they had to get me to collect some data before they could verify that the info they had was correct. It's very strange. I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer and asking them if this engine specifically is supported. Give 'em your PCM's cal code if you can.
Oh great. Did you ever try the superchips flashpaq 1865? All im looking at doing is fixing the speedo for tires and when i regear
__________________
December 2014 TOTM
2003 Ford Ranger 2.3L 2wd FX2 Regular Cab
3 inch Spindle and 2 inch spacer lift-33x12.5x15 Duratracs


Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
Great in the dirt, but once it gets wet, forget about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
You really did pick the deepest/worst angle to go into that hole btw.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-14-2015, 04:36 PM
riscorpian riscorpian is offline
The Projectionator
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 861
Default Re: 2.3 Tuner for regear

Haven't looked into that one. The SCT X4 is the only tuner I've verified has worked, but that's a good $400 out of your pocket. Just adjusting the gearing and stuff should be much much more simple. Hopefully someone else can chime in on a cheaper solution?
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4 Duratec DOHC, 5R44E 5-speed auto, RWD, 7.5" Open w/ 4.10 Ratio, Gibson split-rear catback
Sonic Blue Pearl with dark gray trim
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-14-2015, 05:39 PM
RescueRanger96 RescueRanger96 is offline
Clifford
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riscorpian View Post
Haven't looked into that one. The SCT X4 is the only tuner I've verified has worked, but that's a good $400 out of your pocket. Just adjusting the gearing and stuff should be much much more simple. Hopefully someone else can chime in on a cheaper solution?
That would be fantastic.
__________________
December 2014 TOTM
2003 Ford Ranger 2.3L 2wd FX2 Regular Cab
3 inch Spindle and 2 inch spacer lift-33x12.5x15 Duratracs


Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
Great in the dirt, but once it gets wet, forget about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
You really did pick the deepest/worst angle to go into that hole btw.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-17-2015, 11:28 AM
RescueRanger96 RescueRanger96 is offline
Clifford
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,950
Default

Bump
__________________
December 2014 TOTM
2003 Ford Ranger 2.3L 2wd FX2 Regular Cab
3 inch Spindle and 2 inch spacer lift-33x12.5x15 Duratracs


Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
Great in the dirt, but once it gets wet, forget about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02BLUEdge View Post
You really did pick the deepest/worst angle to go into that hole btw.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,383
Default Re: 2.3 Tuner for regear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riscorpian View Post
I'd recommend contacting the manufacturer and asking them if this engine specifically is supported.
^^^^^^
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
computer, fine, regear, tuner, website

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Regear? maxl 3.0 Vulcan Tech 22 05-25-2015 07:53 AM
Regear 03_rangeredge Drivetrain Tech 2 10-19-2014 05:51 PM
Do i need a regear? Jtharry9 Wheels and Tires 3 11-30-2013 01:54 PM
Do I need to regear? BeauJCope Wheels and Tires 8 05-29-2013 07:44 PM
4.56 regear = ???? kidwithaneedforspeed Drivetrain Tech 1 04-08-2012 11:29 PM