Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,888
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default

Yea glenn is the only member on here that religiously defends the 3.slow...refer to the last quote in my Sig

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
__________________
18 F150 Supercab XLT 2.7
1968 Thunderbird
Past: 16 F150 5.0, 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0

Master Certified Ford Parts / Warranty Admin
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,258
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
Yea glenn is the only member on here that religiously defends the 3.slow...refer to the last quote in my Sig

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
I've noticed lol
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:36 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Hey dont dis me over it....
Who cares how much more power it makes....refer to the part in my post where i said "want" and "need" more power...
9 years i have had my truck...i have no need for more power...my 3.0 does what i need it to.
It hauls my boat, my atvs, etc without issue.

Everytime a thread like this comes up all you guys do is bash the 3.0.
And no matter what, its still just a RANGER!

And it doesnt matter what engine the OP gets, if it hasnt been taken care of it can take a shit on him, and then he may end up hating that specific engine forever....
-----

And if the 4.0 is so great how come sales still plummetted and Ford discontiued the Ranger.....appearantly it didnt matter what engine they put in it, people still didnt like them...
Maybe if they put a 5.0 in it things would have been different...but who knows. Thats a whole different topic.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!

Last edited by gcextreme; 05-29-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Psychopete Psychopete is offline
Psycho Pete
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,489
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigderrs View Post
My uncle who is a mechanic and has worked on these trucks for a while says the 4.0 with the SOHC isn't reliable at all.
Definitely listen to what your uncle has to say. Mechanics see this broken shit day in and out, and know what kind of pain is involved with certain vehicles.

I needed a new vehicle and needed something fairly new, Explorer was out of the question with SOHC V6 in my options. Too many with broken engines and transmissions. I need something that works, not another project vehicle. Definitely avoided that gamble. I like Ford's and all, but I don't like them that much.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:44 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,888
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Hey dont dis me over it....
Who cares how much more power it makes....refer to the part in my post where i said "want" and "need" more power...
9 years i have had my truck...i have no need for more power...my 3.0 does what i need it to.
It hauls my boat, my atvs, etc without issue.

Everytime a thread like this comes up all you guys do is bash the 3.0.
And no matter what, its still just a RANGER!

And it doesnt matter what engine the OP gets, if it hasnt been taken care of it can take a shit on him, and then he may end up hating that specific engine forever....
-----

And if the 4.0 is so great how come sales still plummetted and Ford discontiued the Ranger.....appearantly it didnt matter what engine they put in it, people still didnt like them...
Maybe if they put a 5.0 in it things would have been different...but who knows. Thats a whole different topic.
Full size FTW

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
__________________
18 F150 Supercab XLT 2.7
1968 Thunderbird
Past: 16 F150 5.0, 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0

Master Certified Ford Parts / Warranty Admin
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:46 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychopete View Post
Definitely listen to what your uncle has to say. Mechanics see this broken shit day in and out, and know what kind of pain is involved with certain vehicles.

I needed a new vehicle and needed something fairly new, Explorer was out of the question with SOHC V6 in my options. Too many with broken engines and transmissions. I need something that works, not another project vehicle. Definitely avoided that gamble. I like Ford's and all, but I don't like them that much.
The local shops around here have piles of 4.0 engines laying around...not sure if they are the ohv or sohc, but finding a 3.0 is hard.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 AM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
Mustang Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post
Hey dont dis me over it....
Who cares how much more power it makes....refer to the part in my post where i said "want" and "need" more power...
9 years i have had my truck...i have no need for more power...my 3.0 does what i need it to.
It hauls my boat, my atvs, etc without issue.

Everytime a thread like this comes up all you guys do is bash the 3.0.
And no matter what, its still just a RANGER!

And it doesnt matter what engine the OP gets, if it hasnt been taken care of it can take a shit on him, and then he may end up hating that specific engine forever....
-----

And if the 4.0 is so great how come sales still plummetted and Ford discontiued the Ranger.....appearantly it didnt matter what engine they put in it, people still didnt like them...
Maybe if they put a 5.0 in it things would have been different...but who knows. Thats a whole different topic.
Sales plummeted because for a little more buyers could get a 150 with more horsepower and torque and still get the same mpgs. Its not a fact of people didn't like them they just wanted "more" for their money.

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
__________________
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP 430/402
CJ Pony Parts Lowering Springs | Texas Speed Longtubes | PMAS CAI | Lund Tuned | Borla S-Type Catback
2013 F150 FX4 5.0 - Sold
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd - Sold
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 AM
gcextreme gcextreme is offline
Sept. TOTM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,248
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
Full size FTW

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
Haha i was waiting for that...

Hey dj...what do u haul or tow, how many people do u normally have in your truck, that you need all that power and large of a truck??

I know yor truck never sees mud and hardly goes off the pavement, lol.
__________________
1999 Ranger 3.0FFV-ExtCab-4x4-My 99 Build
1998 Ranger 3.0-ExtCab-4x4-PROJECT TRUCK-My 98 Build

GC-EXTREME GRAPHICS
NEED CUSTOM DECALS, APPAREL, or GLASS MUGS?
Visit My Thread!
Custom Stuff, Great Quality, & Great Prices!
These Graphics ROCK!

Buggman LEDS & GC-Extreme Graphics Joint Venture Mod Products Coming Soon!
Are you READY?!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,888
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcextreme View Post

Haha i was waiting for that...

Hey dj...what do u haul or tow, how many people do u normally have in your truck, that you need all that power and large of a truck??

I know yor truck never sees mud and hardly goes off the pavement, lol.
I want a full-size because of the added room, more comfort, safer, more features, better resale value, v8 and respectable mpg

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am

----------

Oh and a proper rear seat

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
__________________
18 F150 Supercab XLT 2.7
1968 Thunderbird
Past: 16 F150 5.0, 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0

Master Certified Ford Parts / Warranty Admin
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 AM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
Mustang Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post

I want a full-size because of the added room, more comfort, safer, more features, better resale value, v8 and respectable mpg

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am

----------

Oh and a proper rear seat

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
Can't beat that jump seat man

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
__________________
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP 430/402
CJ Pony Parts Lowering Springs | Texas Speed Longtubes | PMAS CAI | Lund Tuned | Borla S-Type Catback
2013 F150 FX4 5.0 - Sold
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd - Sold
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 AM
1994xltHolton 1994xltHolton is offline
F150/ranger owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,162
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
Can't beat that jump seat man

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
yes you can! bench seat in the back nothing better so comfy
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd 3.SLOW! Bauce Edition No cats ftw Super 44 Dumped
Mods:Build Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin-20 View Post
There aint nothing more manly then a purple truck..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Oh. My. God.
Two purples..... -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
matthewticus purpliticus
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:04 AM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
Mustang Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,055
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994xltHolton View Post

yes you can! bench seat in the back nothing better so comfy
Didn't sense the sarcasm?

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
__________________
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP 430/402
CJ Pony Parts Lowering Springs | Texas Speed Longtubes | PMAS CAI | Lund Tuned | Borla S-Type Catback
2013 F150 FX4 5.0 - Sold
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd - Sold
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:05 AM
1994xltHolton 1994xltHolton is offline
F150/ranger owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,162
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
Didn't sense the sarcasm?

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
Wasn't any sarcasm to give what the hell are you talking about? Lol
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd 3.SLOW! Bauce Edition No cats ftw Super 44 Dumped
Mods:Build Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin-20 View Post
There aint nothing more manly then a purple truck..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Oh. My. God.
Two purples..... -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
matthewticus purpliticus

Last edited by 1994xltHolton; 05-29-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:08 AM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
Mustang Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,055
Default

Nvm....

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
__________________
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP 430/402
CJ Pony Parts Lowering Springs | Texas Speed Longtubes | PMAS CAI | Lund Tuned | Borla S-Type Catback
2013 F150 FX4 5.0 - Sold
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd - Sold
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 AM
1994xltHolton 1994xltHolton is offline
F150/ranger owner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,162
Default Re: 3.0 vs 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfisher View Post
Nvm....

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
Ha!
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd 3.SLOW! Bauce Edition No cats ftw Super 44 Dumped
Mods:Build Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin-20 View Post
There aint nothing more manly then a purple truck..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Oh. My. God.
Two purples..... -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
matthewticus purpliticus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3.0, 4.0, off road, reliable

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search