Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Tom Tom is offline
Ranger Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,831
Default Re: Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernal Sanders View Post
Oh and if you're driving multiple times a day to class stay on campus and do homework. Even though it sucks its what I do I have more free time at night. Saves a lot of fuel by the end of the week as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using FRF App
This. Heck, I would intentionally put breaks in my schedule for this very reason. Knew that it wasn't worthwhile to go anywhere & comeback, so would just work on projects/homework to kill time.

Or once you get going, just socialize with people, or go to your school gym and workout.
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2WD on 32x11.50R15s
-3" Doetsch Spindle Lift


Using the forum:
How to Post on the Forum
Creating a signature (do this before asking any questions)
Upload an Avatar (image of your Ranger)
How to Post Pictures on the Forum
Switch the site layout: Light Theme or Dark Theme

Things to do:
Participate in Truck of the Month
Participate in the Ranger Photo Contest
Participate in the Non-Automotive Photo Contest
Become a Site Contributor
Shop at the FordRangerForum.com Store
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,181
Default Re: Mpg

best way to meet women when in college - hang around & let them think you are a mysterious smart person just trying to study lol

and then reveal that you are only interested in their...personalities... er... lol

----------

at the end of semesters this is very important... ask girls to study with you for the finals - then if you score, you don't have to have class with them & start any drama
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
63merc 63merc is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post

It isn't.

That doesn't really compare to the cost of owning a vehicle now does it?

You're comparing apples to oranges, my friend.
Not really comparing. Just making an observation you don't know about the real world. So you have no right welcoming him to the real world when you are not in it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone so you can hate me, wherever I may be.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63merc View Post

Not really comparing. Just making an observation you don't know about the real world. So you have no right welcoming him to the real world when you are not in it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone so you can hate me, wherever I may be.
Lol, whatever you say
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM
DannMarr DannMarr is offline
Not as smart as I think
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 258
Default Re: Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanman57 View Post
Any tips on how to improve my gas mileage for a 4.0L v6 would be MUCH appreciated, thanks
Avoid bad roads, uphills, driving with the heat/AC on, laud radio playing and stay within the speed limits. No fun
__________________
2001 Ford Ranger with the flare sides. 4x4 with a 4.0 engine. The only thing I did so far is: F/R Brakes, rotors, drums, F/R shocks, tires, bed cap, cone filter, hanger/shackles, F/P wheel bearing, upper control arm, lower ball joint, filler neck, fuel filter and DPFE sensor, muffler, sway bar links and spark plugs!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:14 AM
angelo1994 angelo1994 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86indy View Post
Yeah im in the same boat as you too im 17 and mommy and daddy dont give me shit (me being the only boy in the family)
Me too but I'm 18

Sent from my iPhone using FRF App so I can stalk you wherever I may be.
__________________
2002 ford ranger XLT edition. 4.0L V6 engine.Air Box Mod. Dashboard LED conversion. 2013 Pioneer Stereo. Throttle cable Mod. Blacked Out Tails. Cherry Bomb Glasspack exaust
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
63merc 63merc is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post

Lol, whatever you say
Yep that it is. That's exactly why you prom date is going with someone else

Sent from my iPhone so you can hate me, wherever I may be.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM
96_4x4_XLT 96_4x4_XLT is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6,189
Default Re: Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Welcome to the real world....
lol
__________________
95 Ranger XLT 4x2 2.3 I4 5 speed 206,000 *dead*
96 Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 V6 5 speed 173,000 *alive*
D35 front, 8.8 rear, 3.73 gears, limited slip rear diff
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Swanman57 Swanman57 is offline
Ranger freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernal Sanders View Post

Oh and if you're driving multiple times a day to class stay on campus and do homework. Even though it sucks its what I do I have more free time at night. Saves a lot of fuel by the end of the week as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using FRF App
I would stay, but im in class from 7:30-2:00 and I live on a farm 20 minutes away so every day I have to drive home to collect eggs ect... Then on tue and thur I have agility from 6-8, and wed from 6:30-8:30, I would really like to stay but I dont know what to do for 4 hours
__________________
~2004 Ranger xlt 4X4!!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,946
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default Re: Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanman57 View Post
I would stay, but im in class from 7:30-2:00 and I live on a farm 20 minutes away so every day I have to drive home to collect eggs ect... Then on tue and thur I have agility from 6-8, and wed from 6:30-8:30, I would really like to stay but I dont know what to do for 4 hours
just hang in the library or something...thats what i did...worked on homework, on the computer, or slept lol...or go to the gym
__________________
2021 F150 5.0 Screw

Past:18 F150 2.7, 16 F150 5.0, 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0

Master Certified Ford Parts / Warranty Admin
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:22 AM
Swanman57 Swanman57 is offline
Ranger freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post

just hang in the library or something...thats what i did...worked on homework, on the computer, or slept lol...or go to the gym
But I have To come home to do my farm chores... But anyway...
__________________
~2004 Ranger xlt 4X4!!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 AM
djfllmn djfllmn is offline
ford dealer parts guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20,946
Send a message via AIM to djfllmn
Default

Sell truck and buy car

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
__________________
2021 F150 5.0 Screw

Past:18 F150 2.7, 16 F150 5.0, 14 F150 5.0, 07 F150 5.4, 03 Ranger 4.0

Master Certified Ford Parts / Warranty Admin
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:58 AM
63merc 63merc is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfllmn View Post
Sell truck and buy car

Sent from my HTC One X using FRF App so you can hate on my F150 no matter where I am
Although a good solution dj, I think his truck could be of value being a young farmer

Sent from my iPhone so you can hate me, wherever I may be.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:03 AM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,181
Default Re: Mpg

when i was in college, i used my ranger doing several odd jobs... i collected cans & hauled them to the recyclers (paid for my books one year with that lol)... i delivered firewood with it - i split about $1000 with my brother that november lol

hell, i still use my ranger for random clean-up jobs & landscaping projects. i can mow small lots out of the ranger fairly easily... just have to turn down the bigger jobs
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:10 AM
reconjb reconjb is offline
Found a Diesel
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 10,692
Default Re: Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
when i was in college, i used my ranger doing several odd jobs... i collected cans & hauled them to the recyclers (paid for my books one year with that lol)... i delivered firewood with it - i split about $1000 with my brother that november lol

hell, i still use my ranger for random clean-up jobs & landscaping projects. i can mow small lots out of the ranger fairly easily... just have to turn down the bigger jobs
with this guy ^
__________________
Truck: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 ext cab
My Build Thread
Mod Ideas
Don't Forget to:
Create a Signature
Show your system

Mods: Brush guard|Front Hitch|Expo Roof Rack|Train Horn|Door/Dash/step/Hood Leds|2" lift|Rear Tow Points|On-Board Air System| 22" & 40" LED bar|and More!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2.3 MPG's Nibis 4-Cylinder Tech 32 01-27-2015 06:18 PM
MPG Help KrispyJones General Tech 3 03-17-2013 11:22 AM
Mpg VonKessler 4-Cylinder Tech 15 11-02-2012 08:51 PM
T/A KO Mpg now vs mpg with stock tires HazardousRanger Wheels and Tires 15 09-16-2011 09:47 AM
MpG's with a 3.0 or 4.0 what is better? F0RD 3.0 Vulcan Tech 19 03-24-2011 03:24 AM