View Single Post

Old 04-17-2011, 06:12 PM
:)

Send a message via AIM to Fordranger2001
Default HELP! truck will not start or attempt to start. clicking noise under dash w/o keys in

I posted this in the electrical cause i figured it had something to do with that but nobody replied so I'm gonnna try here! please help if you have any ideas on what it could be thanks!

okay so my truck ran perfectly fine to work and then when I go to start it after getting off work... nothing. thought for sure it was a dead battery cause nothing happened when i turned the key over but then i took out the key and this weird clicking noise started underneath the dash and consistently kept going without the key even in the ignition. well i attempted to jump the truck and gave it plenty of time to charge if it were battery and it wasnt cause i ended up getting the battery tested and it was fully charged 100%... I also cleaned the battery leads and connections and made sure they weren't arching at all. at one point I put the key in the ignition without turning it over and it made the normal beeping noise but the instant i turn it over there is absolutely no noise or anything trying to do anything haha it makes no sense to me at all. if it were my starter i feel like it should attempt to crank or make some kind of noise.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!
3 Liter
Everything stock (as of now)