View Single Post

Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Ford Motor Co

Default Door Chime / Dome Light / Door Ajar Problem

Hello Everyone, I am in need of your Ranger expertise.

For the last year or so, my door chime stays on all the time. You can lock the doors and everything, walk away, come back in 15 minute and still hear the chime from outside of the car. This has never killed my battery or anything, so I've been letting the problem go.

For the last week or so, the problem has gotten much worse. Now, my door chime is constantly on (hours at a time). My door ajar light is on by my gauges when the key is in the ignition, no matter how many times I close the door. My dome light inside is always on too, even if you try to turn it off manually. Today, I went into work, my chime, dome light, and door ajar lights were all on. I come out of work 4 hours later, and my battery is dead. As soon as I jumped it, all of the lights came on again, and are stuck on.

For a quick fix, I took the light bulb out of the dome light so it won't pull as much power. My chime is still going off, and my door ajar light is on anytime the key is in the ignition.

This electrical gremlin is driving me crazy. Anyone know how to fix this? or is this best left to a garage? If in the garage, any estimates on price

You guys are the best, thanks.