View Single Post

Old 12-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Ford Motor Company

Send a message via Yahoo to Stumblefoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
2004 and 2005 rangers you do this

Passenger side kick panel

For 04, Ford has largely replaced the GEM and CSM modules with these, called "Smart Junction Boxes" in Ford speak. We're interested in the 22 pin connector and the 29 pin connector.

in the harness coming out of the 29 pin connector, locate the brown with white wire. Isolate it out from the rest of the harness.

Cut the wire with the wire cutters far enough from the connector that you could splice it back together if you wanted to reverse this mod in the future, but far enough down from where they all bundle together that you can reach it over to the brown/white wire to splice them together.

Scotch-lock to splice the wires together. There are many methods of splicing wires together in this manner, some prefer stripping, splitting and wrapping, some prefer T-tabs, others insist on soldering all their connections. Scotch-locks are by far the easiest, and are in my opinion sufficient for this application. (If it were to become disconnected, the malfunctioning fog lights would not pose a safety risk to the vehicle or its occupants.) The pliers are to crimp down the scotch-lock. Note the remainder of the orange/light green wire where it is still connected to the Smart-Junction Box.

Use electrical tape to tie-off the remaining wire to prevent it from shorting against any exposed contacts and potentially blowing a fuse or damaging electrical components.
Ok so I find the brown & white wire, out of the 29 wire connector, I cut it ....what do I spice it to?? Ive read & re read this and all I see mentioned is the one brown & white wire. clarification please.