View Single Post

Old 04-13-2011, 12:23 PM

Default Re: The true reason about fuel prices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRANGER317 View Post
I did read the whole thing and the us dollar has been declining since 1971 oh and FDR took the us off the gold standard in 1933, a few months ago gas prices were at like just over three dollars where i live and then egypt happened and they rose to about 3.50 and climbing ever since. So the dollar has been declining for years and then in a matter of a few months gas prices shot up.
FDR actually didn't close the gold standard, he thought about it but WWII changed that. It was Nixon that closed the Gold standard in 1971, and since the U.S. Dollar is set as the standard of what runs the oil markets including overseas, that didn't help one bit. Egypt and Libya didn't help at all either. But when I saw that oil was only $112.00 bucks a barrel and yet the prices at the pump didn't change tells the story. I found alot of stuff on the web when I started this thread. When an oil company's public earnings statements is viewed it tells another story other than what they say. I have enough WWII Documentaries here that confirms FDR didn't close the gold standard.

www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 04-13-2011 at 12:26 PM.