Thread: wheel question
View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA BOY View Post
so for example if i wanted a wider stance i would want less back spacing and more offset?
Sort of. For a wider stance, yes, the lower the number (in inches) of the back spacing, the more the wheel will set to the outsides of the truck.

When you say "more offset", really you want a negative offset. Offset is not really the main thing you want to look at though. Like I said, with any given wheel, if you know the width and the backspacing, the offset will always be the same, regardless of wheel diameter, style, manufacturer, etc.

Many people with aftermarket wheels on Rangers run 15x8's. Many of those wheels have a back spacing of 3.75". That means that from the lug mounting surface, 3.75 of those 8" are going to be in the wheel well, and 4.25 inches are going to stick out. A stock Ranger wheel is either 15 or 16" by 7" wide, with a back spacing of 4", which means that only 3" of the wheel stick out to the outsides of the mounting surface. That means the 15x8's with 3.75" back space would stick out a full 1.25" more than the stock wheel, and that's a big difference.

I hope that helps, and doesn't cause confusion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms984x4 View Post
NOS for teh horse powaz!!!
ɹǝʌo ǝɯ dılɟ