View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 04:57 PM
B. A. M. F.

Default Re: cb and antenna mounting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Nuff said for you. Not for everyone else wondering about this setup. You have no problem that you perceive. The reality of your dual antenna setup is that you are not gaining anything from it and more than likely incur loss, however minor it may be.

So my point stands, there is no point in spending money on it when it does nothing and just adds another point of failure and loss. The OP was asking about what and where to mount antenna(s). And my point to him is to save his hard earned money and not waste on a pointless dual antenna system. There is actual RF propagation science behind this. It works on 18 wheelers because they are just a tinsey bit wider than a Ford Ranger.

ive actually have been wanting to get new coax and just run it to one antenna to see if i get better results. my setup works- yes, but like you say, it also doesnt meet the maximum ratio of 1:1, so im going to try that soon and see if i can get closer to 1:1...
2003 | XLT | Extended Cab | V6 | 4x4 | 4.0L SOHC | 3 Inch Body Lift | Cranked T-Bars | TJM Wench Bumper | Blacked Out Heads | Fog Light Mod | Surround Delete Mod | Blinker Mod | Custom Center Console | OHC | Pacer Bullet Rims | 33x12.5 All Terrains | 1 Inch Wheel Spacers