View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Road Trippin' King!

Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: abs/brakelight fuse blowing (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
My point from before.... METER WHAT???

There multiple circuits powered by that fuse and the problem is intermittent. The meter is not going to tell him anything we don't already know... something is shorting one of the circuits.

If I were to make an educated guess, I would start poking around every sensor and switch on all those circuits looking for a crappy connection.
With the meter I can watch amperage draw through various things. Turn signals on, turns off, brake lights on, running lights etc. You keep playing with it till you burn something out. If I narrow down a circuit that isn't pulling enough amperage to blow the fuse I can limit my search down. Does that make more sense to you? If the fuse is blown you can also start checking the resistance readings, this can also help you narrow it down.
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha