View Single Post

Old 04-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Ford Rangers

Default Re: FAST Fabrication 94 b4000 turn into SNORE class 7 race truck

Here are the pictures from yesterday, we jump to the back since only thing left we could do in the front was firewall.
Mounted the fire extinguisher

Mounted the blue light I got from swap meet, its huge, but we mounted it so it can easily be put on for 1450 races with a quick disconnect wire, looks like a cartoon character with a blue round ear

Got the antenna mount and gps mount done

Completed the fuel filler neck, went with a simple design, you don’t have to go over the fender and nice straight flow as well as it should work just fine when the spares get moved.

Fuel filters are mounted, one is a spare

Next we tackled the rear skid plate 1/8 6061 we needed 23 degrees, we do not have a break just a little one for sheet metal. We got it cut to length and first used our back-bending technique and got to 12 degrees

Then we decided to mount it to some saw horses with plate and concrete back board, heated it up and we were getting a few degrees but the back was lifting. Had my brother come out to hold it down, and he couldn’t so he decides to get on it, this is the end result on the next bend attempt

Went back to our original back-bending technique and we are nearly there, after messing with that we decided to get the shop all organized and undercoat the back of the fenders

Today we are pulling the coilovers and scrubbing the truck for the first time, and dads rule is… if bedsides hit we are doing the spare relocation now instead of shaving bedside. I have wanted them on the sides standing up from beginning, original builder said wouldn’t fit, so we put them in the middle instead of his flat design. After we redid the rear suspension and got everything setup correctly and bedsides mounted to cover the rearend, we learned they would of fit just fine. So it has always been a plan to eventually move them over there, especially with how hard it is to get a tire up on that top one with just one person. After finishing the skid plate and doing that, we are going to lay out all the plumbing so I can figure out which fittings I still need and hoses for intake and radiator. Already $600 deep in just hose and fittings.
KMR thanks its sponsors FK Rod Ends, Yukon Gear & Axle, KMC Wheels, Lucas Oil, PRP Seats, Rigid Industries, McQueen Prototype Designs, Sway-A-Way Shocks, Primo Powder Coating, Dana Sniff Transmisions, JuanCo Performance Engineering, General Tire, JBA Headers, Fragola Performance Systems, Powermaster Alternators, Russler II