Thread: illusive fab
View Single Post

Old 03-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Illusive Fab

Send a message via AIM to slammedxonair
Default Re: illusive fab

I am going to clear up my name before this gets crazy. Here is the last email I sent:

I have emailed you a couple times in regards to this order about the delay (not just the one email you just received). Just about every company in the industry gets backed up during tax season. These kits ship directly from the manufacturer, they are in stock at there warehouse most of the time, but companies can not keep every single part in stock at all times. DJM said the order was either shipping yesterday or today. I do not normally get a tracking number from them unless I put in a request and I did, I just have to wait for them to send it over. You should have the kit early next week. Thanks.

Your PM said you had emailed me, and I have never received a single email from you and yes I check my spam box every couple days to see if emails were pushed to that folder on the server. I try to respond to emails as soon as I can since they come through to my personal cell phone (most emails are replied to within a couple of hours if they are not an order that needs processed before UPS shows up). And if it is extremely important I will stop what I am doing and deal with that issue. I am usually building parts in the shop, boxing up orders for UPS, processing other orders, working with other customers, doing the accounting, or working on advertising. This is why I tell everybody to email me and not call or PM me. Plus my email saves a running chain of entire converstaions and quotes so there is never any miss communication. I don't sit around the phone all day waiting for it to ring (I pretty much never have time to touch the phone, I'm sure most people would rather have me working on there orders rather than be on the phone with every person that calls for a tracking number or something that can be emailed much easier and faster), I am working on getting orders out as fast as possible.

Parts that ship from another manufacturer I have no control over other than trying to use one of my backup suppliers. But most of the time if the manufacturer is behind then most of my backup suppliers are also out of stock. Such as Slam Specialties bags every year at this time.

Most in stock orders placed before 4:00 eastern time ship the same day and if they do not get boxed up in time for UPS then they ship the next day. I also try to email everybody if there is any kind of delay.

Most small companies ship directly from the manufacturer. Only giant corporations that have millions of dollars in capital can afford to cover the extra cost to have the parts shipped and stocked in their own warehouse and even then they do not always have everything in stock.

I work anywhere from 10-16 hours a day (the reason why most people get emails back at night) so I can keep up with everything. Most of the time I'm not making any money but I love what I do. With that said, I need to get off the forums and get the CNC hooked backup and cut parts. Thanks for your order, I appreciate it alot more than some corporate giant does.

www.illusivefabrications.com

In House Custom Metal Shop, processes include; CNC Plasma Cutting, Plate Bending, Tube Bending, MIG & TIG welding, Bulk Vinyl Decals & Banners also available.

4-Link Kits, Bag Brackets, C-notches

DJM Lowering Kits, Doetsch Shocks, Autoloc, Viair, SMC, Slam Specialties, Contitech, Firestone, Air Lift, & many others

Grant Kustoms Authorized Dealer