View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Ford Pickup

Default Re: Flowmaster 40 not loud enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlxGry View Post
Yeah man idk, it may travel further than you think too. I got no muffler on mine and i like that pretty much, but i thought it was quiet too. Next thing you know people were telling damn man i heard you coming from bla bla and bla bla. Mines the 4.0 though.
Yeah I was thinking about going with no muffler but I heard that could be bad for the truck. Loss of power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLong31 View Post
I just got the flowmaster 40 too. It's got a nice rumble at start up and idle.. and during acceleration. I can barely hear it cruising down the road, my engine makes more noise honestly. But, I didn't want to be able to hear it drone anyway on long highway trips.

I don't know how much "break-in" time a muffler needs, but I've heard they get louder? I could be wrong. The super 44 is supposed to be louder. I will eventually dynomat the interior anyway, then I might try for something louder. But, my exhaust guy told me I could bring it back in a week if I didn't like it and try a different muffler, but so far I'm happy.
Yeah same here... maybe needs to be broken in. I just want it a little louder. I wanna be able to hear somthing when im stepping on it lol
2004 Ford Ranger EDGE 3.0L V6.... Fabtech 3" Spindle kit with 1 1/2 leaf springs, 3" P.A. Body lift with gap guards, 33" BFG Mudd terrains, 15" Mickey Thompson classic lock wheels powder coated black, LineX bed liner, Airbox mod, Magnaflow Single Chamber Dumped, Viper Alarm system, xenon 6000k lows and fogs, 15% Tint, Pioneer double din indash, 12" Memphis sub/1100 watt Memphis amp