View Single Post

Old 03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Ban Survivor. (x2)

Default Door hinge pin and bushing replacement.

This is a guide to replace your door pin bushings. Bad or worn out bushings will cause your door to sag and drop upon opening. This does not require to remove the door.

First step is to prop up the door. I used an old cooler and some wood.

Second step is to remove the exsisting pin. I used a dremel with a cut off wheel and the sanding disc to cut the head of the pin off. I then ground it flush and used a center punch and hammer to knock it thru.

Followed by the bolts.

Remove the hinge.

Here are the old bushings in the hinge.

New pin and bushing kit. $10

New and old bushings.

The new bushings are larger in diameter than the old ones. Easily fixed with the dremel. Take your time and enlarge the holes to fit the bushing. You do not want the bushing to go in to hard it will deform the inside. You want it to be pressed in lightly with the aid of a small pair of pilers.

One side done after boring.

To re-install.

Put the hinge back in place. Insert the pin thru the new bushings.

The bottom may need a C-clamp to pull the upper and lower peices together to get the E-clip on the end of the pin.

After pin is in and E clip is attached, reinstall the bolts. Line up any exsisting washer marks and paint marks. As long as the door does not move thru out this process it should bolt right back into place.

Enjoy a sag free door!
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install