Thread: cold air intake
View Single Post

Old 11-29-2009, 11:39 PM
I hate Nascar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay FX4 View Post
Not that I want to argue that point, but it could be debatable. I had a K&N filter in my previous vehicle. It cost about quadruple what my stock filter cost. So unless I replaced my stock filter 4 or more times (not gonna happen considering how long they last) there really was no savings at all.
I'm not suggesting there's not benefits to having one. But at the same time, the stock paper filter is more than adequate, and I seem to get better MPG than most other people who have a 4.0, auto trans, 4.10 gears and 4x4. I get 19-21 city MPG - totally stock. Your right foot is the money saver. I'm more interested in having money in my pocket than blowing money on "performance" crap that may cut one tenth of a second off my quarter mile time. I get better mileage than the dudes with CAI's and big exhausts, without spending a dime.
But of course, I'm not "cool", I'm not part of the "in crowd" here, and nobody gives a shit what I say anyway. I know nothing.
Never once said you weren't cool. It is a proven fact that a K&N air filter gives you better fuel mileage. Sure, your right foot can save you money as long as you aren't stepping into it. Combine that with a K&N filter and you get even better mileage.

Have to be honest, I have never once heard of or seen someone refer to a K&N filter as "performance crap" let alone argue that they don't do anything. If you're happy doing what you do, by all means carry on.

Cat back with Flowmaster
Headers (no name)
K&N intake
Power Aid TB spacer
JET Performance chip
Accel coils
Bilstein Shocks
Electric Fan coming soon!

Last edited by twinjetguy; 11-29-2009 at 11:42 PM.