View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 11:26 AM
"Spike" 1999 Blue Ranger
Default Re: Remove the security start up thing?

Is he making payments on it, or did he at one time? Sometimes car companies put those on so that if a person falls behind on payments or is late the car won't start without them programming it to. They literally can take over your vehicle and make it so you can not drive it if you don't make a payment. They do this to avoid having the expense of trying to hunt you down for a repo if you don't make a payment or contact them about non payment.

If he's still paying on it and the company he pays IS that way...then there's his answer. If he DID pay it off there's a chance the company didn't release the programming for him.

By the way, they do give you 24 hours after they've shut your vehicle off to reprogram it ONE time until you make a payment and then they shut if off again.
1999 Dark Blue Ranger XLT Stepside 4x4 -V6 Flex fuel 3.0 liter Auto - Alloy wheels - P245/75R/16 BFG Land Terrain tires - L/S 4.10 - Tinted Windows -Power Mirrors and Windows - Cruise Control - Stock Head Lights - Black Altezza Tail Lights - Black Oval Nerf Bars - AVS Bugflector II - AVS In-Channel Vent Visors - Soft Snap-on Tonneau Cover
I might look small and yes, I'm a chick, but I shoot, throw, hit, and hunt. I highly suggest you don't mess with my truck!

Last edited by Kindy; 03-20-2011 at 11:28 AM.