View Single Post

Old 03-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Get gnarly!

Default Cranked my bars a little more!

Oh. My. God.
As some of you may remember i busted my bolt off trying to crank last time. Today i started to try and get the busted bolt out and it was by far the hardest most frustrating thing ive ever had to do to the truck. It took me hours to get it out.

I had to cram a dremel in to cut the top of the bolt that was already screwed into the bolt while there was a c clamp holding the key up then i had to sand the bolt even further to get the bolt to slide through and then broke like 15 bits trying to drill the old bold out and ended up having to re tap the damn thing to get the new torsion adjuster to screw in. Once i got that far putting everything back in was smooothe sailing. I got a litttttle bolt left after this crank, and its jjussssstttt about level. I hope to tomorrow do one more 90 to 180 degree twist. That should put it right level. IIIIIIIIII HOPE! lol And also, does anyone else LIKE the way the truck rides after you crank the bars? Maybe it is kind of annoying on the road and in bumpy parking lots, but off road i love the responsivness. I feel like it handles bumps a lot better since its stiffer. I dont even mind it so much on the road. Maybe i just need to ride in more trucks to see how they feel.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

----------

Pics actually dont show too much difference now that i look, and i think the first pic is a little exaderated but i can tell a difference when i sit in it and when i compare the bottom of the window height to stuff from like before/after. I think it definatly sits higher

Last edited by AlxGry; 03-19-2011 at 06:19 PM.