View Single Post

Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Road Trippin' King!

Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Add an extra gas tank or replace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
well the reason i am getting such low miles per tank is because i never like to let my gas go down below a quarter tank which ive heard is bad for the engine.
plus, i get about 17 miles per gallon, but my guage shows less than a quarter tank of gas left at 185 miles. so i figure a increase is fuel capacity would solve that.
I get about 18 most days, and my truck will get more then 230 before the 1/4 tank mark. By the way, you are correct in filling up at a 1/4 tank. Your fuel doesn't just feed your engine, it also cools your pump. That's why you shouldn't run it down to the gas light all the time. Jack up your tire pressure to the maximum manufacturer's recommended PSI, then drive slower and smart, less stop and go. Also keep up on maintenance.
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha