View Single Post

Old 03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Ford Tough

Default Electrical BACKWARDS?

This morning I go out to crank the truck, starter solenoid clicks away like no tomorrow and starter doesn't turn. I check and 12V are coming out of the terminal when cranking. Pull the starter, jump it on the table, it's good.

Checked the ground from battery-frame-block, firewall-block, etc. There all good and tight. Checked ground on the starter solenoid is good.

Now here's where I get confused:: I pulled the negative terminal off the battery, and I show 12V of difference between ground on the battery and ground on the cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have narrowed it down to the computer main wire, when I hook it up to the starter solenoid hot side (constant hot), the +12 shows up on the negative side of things.

Hot - ground somewhere? What could short and die and let current pass openly like that? Nothing else has changed. I swapped the starter solenoid and starter with new anyway because I had them on hand.

Thanks in advance
Saul