View Single Post

Old 03-03-2011, 02:35 PM
mazda owner since 1989

Send a message via Skype™ to mazdaman
Default Re: MAzdaman's new year project

this winter hasn't been the greatest for working out side . I sure miss my garage , anyway a bit of an update on what has happened with the truck .
first off , I cut approx 3 inches off the bottom of the Explorer center console to be able to get at the seat belts better . I also found a Windstar upper console that I have installed but not completely fitted yet . I modded the wiring to control the power door locks from inside the truck , It also houses my GPS, plus the sliding door swtch will be used to control my fog lights .
The other day I had a rear wheel cylinder fail , what a mess , this is the first time in 35 years of driving I have had a break failure . I replaced both wheel cylinders , one adjuster , all the springs and shoes . I didnt have to replace the drums , so now the truck stops on a dime and gives me change.
Today I replaced both door locks with ones from a 98 Ranger as the clip on the Mazda lock broke and I cant get a replacement . The Ranger locks came with the key and were free.
While I was at the wreckers I found a B2300 with a great interior so I am getting a newer clean headliner, inner door panels and the stereo bezel , to replace the worn ones in the truck .
I also scored a 97 step side box ,the only draw back is it needs tail lights and a tail gate .
now I want it to warm up so I can get working ion all my projects for the truck .
I still dont have a camera but it will come in due time