View Single Post

Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 PM
01FordRangerXLT 2.5L 4cyl

Default Re: Over Cab Light Bar Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGlighting View Post
I just have one comment to make... (yes it has already been said before)
To each his own...
Thanks, and I know i have been replying negatively to a lot of the criticism on this thread but all I want to say that this is a cheap mod. it does not say anywhere in this thread that is going to be perfect or look professional. It is a cheap mod that gives you a place to mount your lights if you dont have a roll bar or grill guard and (like me) had trouble mounting them on your bumper. i have no problem with criticism or advice but dont tell me things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcghosttowns View Post
Dood i am sorry but you fucked your truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I'm with the other 2. NEVER would i drill into my roof. you may not see any leakage so far but it'll be soaked into your headliner soon.

May be comin off as a dick but this is stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcghosttowns View Post
I had to reread this post just to make sure i hadnt missunderstood or over reacted and once again i mean no disrespect but, Really? were you actually concerned about damaging the screws?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
i'm curious to know how the hell drilling holes into your cab and ruining a perfectly good truck is cheaper than buying a light bar. i'm even from florida originally and think this is an abomination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyouquaxu View Post
actually, i am. there are way better ways to make a light bar and attach it to your vehicle than what you have "made"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
x2. Research roof racks. There are light bars made for rangers. I would attach it to your bed like a roll bar before I drilled into my roof.

Let's say a year later you don't like it anymore. Then what? You have open holes that even if you fill with house silicone, are still going to show.

The next owner of your truck comes along and will turn your truck down because you drilled holes in your roof.

Just saying... fwiw, criticism always good whether its positive or negative. Its how we learn.

Sent from my rooted Droid
these are not criticisms, what GGlighting said is criticism. he just said "to each his own" and i respect that. but for anyone thinking that its going to leak, that it reduces the value of my truck, or that it damages my truck. none of these things are true. the holes are completely sealed, im not selling my truck so i am not concerned with its value, and it didnt damage anything, i personally am happy that i did this and would reccomend it to people, as long as its done correctly!

so pleases, stop posting the same things over and over again when they arent true. i am perfectly fine with criticism and advice but thats not what the posts above are.