Default How To: Install & Build Over Cab Light Bar

Materials:
1 Steel(or stainless steel) strut $25-$50
2 Brackets $5-$10
1 tube of Caulk/sealant $3
4 Expanding Screws $2
1 small box of Washers $5
2 Tapping Screws $2

First take your tapping screws and drill them into the two brackets to create the holes to hold the strut onto the brackets.

next, attach the strut to the two brackets using the two tapping screw and two washers.

at this point the light bar should look like this and should be assembled completely.

now it's time to attach the light bar to the cab of your Ranger. Pick the spot you want to mount it and use a sharpie or some other marker to mark the spot where you need to drill.

next take the light bar off and set it aside.

drill the holes into your roof and make sure not to go to deep or else you'll drill straight through the cab like i did haha

depending on how far back the holes are drilled you may have to go through more than one layer of sheet metal in your roof.

next use the expanding screws and a washer and hammer them through the brackets and into the roof. be careful not to damage the screws.

once all four of them are in hold the outside of the screw(what looks like a washer on the top of the screw) with a pair of pliers and turn the screw to the right to make it expand and stay in place. You may want to have a friend hold the thing in place with pliers while you tighten it.

now, depending on how your lights are going to be attached you may need to remove the strut to attach them ( i had to do this) but the brackets can stay attached to the roof of the cab.

Once the lights are attached drill on last hole to run the wires back into your cab.

After everything is set up and working the way you want it to use the sealant/caulk to seal the brackets and holes where the wires were run to prevent leaks when it rains. i would recommend using an outdoor caulk that dries quickly and is heat and cold resistant and is completely waterproof. make sure that the sealant is made to attach to metal also.

Hope you enjoy this mod, i know i did. finally found a great place to put my lights.

Heres what my lights look like at night.

Also, if you dont have any lights Wal Mart sells off road lights for around $20.