View Single Post

Old 02-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Ford Tough

Default Engine Revs when Braking - HELP!

Alright, Ive been having this problem for sometime now, and ive neglected to long. When I come to a stop, braking with my foot 100% only on the brake pedal, my engine will rev upto about 1100 rpm or so as I am just about to come to a full stop- it then drops to a normal idle speed.

It does not rev through the the entire slowing. My RPM actually goes under 1000 rpm when I am almost stoped, but then it revs and goes down.

I do not know what is causing this. I have read it could be a Vaccuum issue but I replaced one of the hoses that looked terrible.. And if it was vaccum wouldnt it to it through the entire braking experience?

What else could be an issue here? I think it is robbing my gas mileage, reving that little bit every single stop probably adds up here in the City.

Additional info, possibly related is that once in a blue moon my throttle will stick at a low rpm.. The pedal doesnt stick but the engine will hover from 900-1200rpm and wont stop unless I brake or give it gas- its barely rolls at this speed though 5mph max.. I usually restart the truck an its fine.

Any help would be awesome
General Grabber AT2 31/10.5/15, 15x7 ATX Slot, Hot girlfriend for passenger seat, Fabtech 2.5", Bilstein 5100, Poly Bumps, JBA Ceramic Coated Headers, Straigh pipe, Throttle Cable Mod, Air Box Mod, 5 Angle Valve Job, 180* Thermostat, Clear corners w/ Amber LEDs, Tinted Tails, 6000K Volt Digital HID Hi/Lo, K&N Drop-In, MAF Mod,