Thread: First Truck
View Single Post

Old 02-18-2011, 05:43 PM
N/A

Default Re: First Truck

Just went to a Ford Dealership for my appointment to have my tailgate cable changed. I stated to the technician that my clutch was starting to squeak and if it was possible to lubricate it in the process. He said no problem. Waited the 45 mins for the work to be done when the technician says my truck is ready,

I asked him if everything went ok,

he said yes no problem. I went to look at my truck tailgate, but could not properly open it since the truck was backed up near a snow bank. So i left and would wait until I got to my parents place. I could not check to see if the clutch was resolved since it only squeaks when the cab is warm.

I got to my parents place and my mom wanted to get some parts so we took my truck and sure enough, the clutch starts squeaking again. Pick up the parts and made my way home. When I got home, my dad checked my tailgate cable only to find that the it wasn't fixed.

I immediately drove back to the dealership, and asked them why my tailgate wasn't fixed, they said that ford put out a broadcast stating that dealerships should replace tailgate cable if there is problem in length. This broadcast was sent out 4 days before my appointment. Then asked if the technician checked my clutch, he said no he did not, he found that the squeaking wasn't a mechanical problem

I stated, that it doesn't matter if its not a mechanical problem, it was an aesthetic problem that was more annoying and that i simply asked that they lube it. he said that I should do it myself, wow great service, drove a half hour for no resolution and ended up fixing the clutch myself and my tailgate is still of level, 5 more years of this great service to go on warranty, I think not, I think I will try my luck at another dealership that does not waste my time. What do you guys think?

The only good news from this day is that my bedliner is only gonna cost $200 through NAPA

Last edited by Rango88; 02-18-2011 at 05:57 PM.