View Single Post

Old 02-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I like turtles

Default Re: Removing a cat. Any harm in doing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker515 View Post
according to a couple people (of questionable intelligence) removing your cats can cause anything from a skewed fuel/air ratio to (im not making this up, i was actually told this by someone older and supposedly wiser than I) creating a loss in backpressure powerful enough to suck a valve through the block and spit it out your tailpipe
haha wow whoever told you that is a re-tard. if that was the case I dont think nascar would use straight pipes.. but in my experience as long as you have a one cat and a O2 sensor before and after the cat you should be fine. I have high flow cats on my truck and i dont throw codes or anything and still pass the 49 state emission test( california is the only state that i dont pass in but i am excempt since I am military) and if you do gut the one cat before the downstream O2 sensor it will throw a code telling you that this "O2 sensor High Voltage" and spit out a number for the O2 sensor bank 1 or 2. and that will make the computer to adjust the fuel for the rich fuel mixture and the computer will adjsut the injectors to back off the fuel until it can't adjust anymore and then it will set off the CEL
2009 ford ranger Sport 4.0L V6/2 8" red hot glasspacks swept side before rear tire/2 catco high flow cats/K&N 77 series intake system/BFG all terrain 31x10.5x15 tires/Procomp 98 series rock crawler black rims/westin black sportsman brush guard/6-6'' Hella 500FF lights/black rhinoliner/Bilstein 5100 shocks/uniden 68LTW CB radio/Fx4 skid plates/cranked Tbars/autometer vaccum, Camper shell with thule roof rack/ belltech shackles/Pioneer headunit with pioneer speakers with Kicker 10'' sub