View Single Post

Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: part brand preference

I think you should do what works best for you!

Agree: In my 08 3.0L V6 Ext. Cab Ranger XLT; 47,000 miles I predominately use Shell Gas and Valvoline Oil. I swear it makes my truck run better (less sluggish, etc.)

I run Motorcraft batteries because I just replaced the pair of batteries in my 97 powerstroke a year ago.

Answer: For original equipment Motorcraft is pretty good. My family buys only Fords, and up until this week our original batteries never failed under 4 or 5 years old. We had one that lasted almost 10 years! My mom's 03' Taurus just needed a battery replacement in Nov., and I was shocked that my original battery went dead this past week. It showed no signs of wear and was even tested by Ford last month when I took the vehicle in for a recall. But, due to price and the fact that I was already at the mall by Wal-Mart, plus it was raining, and I needed to be on my way, I took a chance and replaced it with a cheap 2 year $70 battery. Everything is a crap-shoot, and parts wear out over time. I'm not going to lose sleep over it.