View Single Post

Old 11-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Red face RAT Ranger Build

SORRY guys/gals, I thought I had already posted this on here, but went to update it, and realized I hadn't started it
==========================================
Official notice of what I talked bout at the Ranger Meet in Knoxville!

This is gonna be my version of a Rat Rod and I doubt it's what they (the Rat Rod crowd) will be expectin:

Startin with this, less engine, trans, wheels & tires:

Picked up a 2" fiberglass bolt-on hood cheap:

Unloaded after 4 months on the trailer & cleaned up for first time:

And of course the RAT:

Modified the radiator support for easier access:

Removed the bed for ease of access, tossed the PITA fuel tank, removed the rear suspension to include brackets:

And installed my NEW Explorer front spring mounts:

BUKOO room for Pro Street tires now:

Done for now:

SURVEY SAYS: WHOLOTTA ROOM for more tire inside the wheelwell:

But as most know with mods, things don't always go your way.......for my setup, I'm gonna have to fab up some shock mounts, as I can't use the original ones as expected....no biggy, AIN'T THE FIRST TIME!

Went with longer shackles to level it up some, frame is 19" from ground:

Made some shock mounts (1/4" flat stock & piece left from 2X4 rectangular tubin cut in half), haven't decided whether I'm gonna weld em on or bolt em:

Shock mounts installed........had to modify crossmember above the rearend to strengthen it for the shocks to mount to it:

Only thing left now is to weld up the spring perches after I set the pinion angle..................

Got my gauge panel made finally:

Also made my switch panel:

Motorplate tigged & intake powder coated:

Trucks sittin outside, on the back burner, as I've been workin on my Son's 95 XLT salvage rebuild............

Funds have been TIGHT, but I gotta set of 15x12 Weld Draglites w/7.5" backspacin yesterday:

Now I just gotta save for the 29x14.50 Hoosier tires.....

I still gotta pick up some centers & lug nuts, after I do, I'll putem on and take some pics to show the clearance.

My idea looked good on paper & thought, and so far, all has gone as planned with only a few issues that were easily resolved....

Would like to have it ready for summer Cruise-Ins, but with my hours bein cut at work, kinda slowed thoughts/progress of the build, so may be next year before yuns see it out!

Will post updates as I go along, within reason................

AND to all you diehard blue oval folks: I don't wanta hear any negative crap bout Chevy in a Ford, as most know, I've done it before, and if ya don't like it, don't read/view/comment on it!

Daily Driver: 98 Thunderbolt

TOY: Green 94 Pro Street