View Single Post

Old 02-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Roll Tide

Default Re: part brand preference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Sport View Post
There's a lot of companies out there, and some are better than others at what they do.

I couldn't convince you that motorcraft is superior, because its a case by case thing; motorcraft is a re-brander.

I prefer buying from known companies, than paying a premium for a car manufacturer logo.

Most of the time, it's a lot cheaper to buy aftermarket, and get better quality.
Not true all the time. Like STL said sometimes it is best to put the part in that the truck was engineered with. For GM vehicles this is true 90% of the time. I used to have a 99 two door Tahoe. The fuel pump went out once and I put an aftermarket one on it. Two weeks later the pump bites the dust. The next one I put in was an AC Delco and it lasted. Some parts for Fords are the same way. Which is why I generally stick with Motorcraft. After market is not always better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
original motorcraft parts bought from FORD will fit better and a guaranteed way to make sure it fits and works with your vehicle no headaches.
I think this is true for the most part, but not all the time.