View Single Post

Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM
beaujt

rangerjustin you know your stuff about the 98+ haha... i know the 97 and older

TTB system
James Duff Inc.--possibly the best, only rivaled by Skyjacker(SJ) make a 3" and just started a 5.5" lift, very expensive! Make virtually anything you can think of for rangers/bronco II
Skyjacker-- QUALITY, and pretty reasonable, have 2", 4", 6", and 8" available in complete coil(no spacers) with a "stage I or II" kit for 4" and 6" kits. Stage II have extended radius arms and new transmission crossmember. MUCH MORE FLEX! but also pay for that. Also makes an extreme drop pitman arm(spendy) but drops it 4" instead of 2"... i mean a true drop over the stock pitman arm. also has a dual shock set up available
Rough Country-- cheap, but less quality. Very stiff suspension, doesn't improve ride quality much. I wouldn't use it... and it has been heard of punching holes in the front differential(rare but has happened)
Superlift-- good bolt on kit, lines up pretty well, but like rough country shouldn't be used for hard off-roading.
Lots more lifts available... check TRS(the ranger station for more)

Also Body Lifts availiable. any size in custom but aftermarket availability is 2" or 3". ive heard that the body will begin to flex quite a bit at 3" and above(if you dare go above 3" body lift). Pretty cheap alternative to suspesnion lift, and keeps geometrics of suspension in stock condition or cheap add to already existing suspension lift.

Correcting your steering will be your biggest enemy in lifting above 4". you can prolly get away with most at 6" but will almost for sure have to build a custom steering system set-up at 8". Also possible is a SAS. Check TRS once again for best ideas as to which front Solid Axle to use(EB dana 44, xj dana 30, late 70's Ford dana 44, etc...)

I would personally stick with either James Duff or Skyjacker as they are the best quality!
93 ranger ext. cab 4.0L auto 6" SJ/custom lift--37" super swamper truxs M/T tires--lock rite locker w/ 4.56 gears up front--warn hubs--exploder 8.8 w/ disc brakes 4.56 gears and detriot locker--one-piece driveline--bushwacker cut-out flares--Bilstein 5150 shocks--2 10" xcite subs w/ 1600W Crunch amp-- tinted windows

waiting for: dual steering stabilizer, put on 3" body lift(in my room), dual shock setup, electric fan, possible SAS with a waggy D44