Thread: heater problems
View Single Post

Old 11-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Ford Tough

I agree with Lord of War, electrical.
As I have not had any problem with the heating/cooling system in my 02 Ranger, YET, but read everyone of these post so I will have an idea of where to start when the time does come, I have picked up a wealth of information, so here goes.
The 2000 and newer, (maybe even before that) are all fly by wire, no manual cable control, start with the fuses, they are good, did you check them all, under the hood and in the cab? Did you check the continuity of the fuses? If all is well, go to the switch on the dash, check for 12v power to the switch, if you got power there, check for 12v coming out of the switch at each position, if you got power there, go to the other end of each wire where it goes to the motor that work the door, check for a loose plug and 12v. On the rear of the control head, (where the knobs are) there are vacuum lines check for a loose, broken or leaky vacuum line there. Under the hood, check the blower motor resister, (it will be located just to the right of the blower motor) it should have 12v into it and less than 12v out when the switch on the dash is in different positions, if you don't get any power out on any one of the legs, replace it. All the resister does is controls the speed of the fan motor, so you should have found the problem by now.

Ray
Jet Chip
2 1/4" Exhaust
Explorer Dome Light
IN THE WORKS:
Sable Electric Fan

“If you do not know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.”
—Henry Kissinger