View Single Post

Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default dreaded abs light

Hi,
Have the dreaded abs light and no speedo/odometer. I tried new vss and it worked for a little while but only until the speed of 50 mph. Within 10 min it was no longer working and the speedo was only going up to 35 again. Also I installed the Motorcraft sensor so I am guessing that is not the issue. So my question is where do I go from here? Is there another sensor that controls the speedo/odometer? I'm dumb founded at this point and don't know if i should start inspecting the wires going to the vss? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Colin McNerney

----------

The day after I finished the sensor, I drove down 15 miles from my house. I got 10 miles with everything working like it should no jumping of speedo and the speed was accurate. Then abs light comes back on and the speedo beings jumping like crazy once again. Drove me nuts. Really not enjoying this issue and want to fix it as soon as possible. I really appreciate the help if someone would be able to help me.
2000 Ford Ranger 2.5 L 4 Banger. Oversides tires and black american racing rims. Wish it was the 4.0 like my last one. At times of high gas prices this will have to do. The names Colin and I appreciate all help given.