View Single Post

Old 01-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Next-best to Chuck Norris

Default Re: CB won't even pick up static, transmits at half power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
Because antenna and coax issues do not cause the speaker to stop producing sound with the squelch all the way down. I didn't suggest he transmit without the antenna or coax connected.

We also don't know what that meter is actually indicating on transmit. If it is indicating watts, then the coax center conductor was probably shorted to ground causing the transmitter to reduce to minimum power. This however does not explain the other problems he was having and continued to have. Which leads back to my initial suggestion that the radio is toast.
okok. I see what your saying there. I missed the lack of static when the squelch is all the way down.

Honestly, the best way to test a radio, is to have someone you know has a working radio there and test it with you (park down the street to make sure its working ok, then drive away to make sure you're getting proper Distance. if you hook an external SWR meter up to it, it should be Should be 4 watts forward, 0 reflected for CB)
and as for boobs, as long as the cant hold up a book with sag, pointed in the right direction and not peperoni or canadian bacon nips were good to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
ok...i'll just come out and say it... you got's an auto. That alone revokes your right to brag about being part of the elite Level II's! Take that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
Oh come on....every girl likes pink....even Demon
Buy my pictures at Imagekind!