View Single Post

Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Advice needed, Snow Plow 02'4.0l 4x4

Alright HO alternator and Optima Yellow installed. It definately helped now the radio doesn't blink out when I raise the plow but it seems I need to run the recommended 4g cable to help move the juice. Hopefully that'll help keep things in line. The new alternator is insane when you rev up the engine the headlights double at every 1k RPM you go up. They look HID when the RPMs hit 4k. I just took it out in one hell of a winter storm to take my mother home from cancer surgery"ouch" and it was unstoppable! Of course I did run it in 4wd high and I do have Firestone winter rescue rated tires. There are alot of pissed and in danger people tonight in KC. On a 1 mile interstate change ramp a semi slid sideways into the concrete retaining wall and well it seems another semi said OK I'll go around!?! Note this point is merely 80ft from the upcoming highway, Well wouldn't you know it he lost traction too and slid to the other side of this "1" lane ramp. Now you have damn near a mile of traffic completely trapped. Luckily I was on the upcoming highway! Felt bad for them but atleast they were in walking distance to something, not that anything is open as the city closed everything! I may have to get a tow truck, there were atleast 100 vehicles stuck on the road and off. But I am home now and thankful that I made it safely.
Custom Ram Air, K&N, Ported / Matched intake, JBA 9mm wires,
Tweeked FPR, EBC 6k's, DynoMax-S CatBack, Jet-Chip, Reflex shocks,
New Anvil Mounts, Timbren's, Optima Yellow, DB 220A Alt. w/4g. jumper,
Western snow plow, More2Come