View Single Post

Old 01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Proud Ranger Owner

Default Remove Window Moulding

I have decided to paint my bottom window molding strips. They are getting crappy. Nothing...and I mean NOTHING can get rid of this crap. I am however also considering trying Forever Black, Black WOW, and even stove polish. Everything on my truck is great except these damn things...LOL.

I'd rather not paint them while they are on the truck.

Does anyone know of a tutorial or anything that shows how to remove and re-install these? I don't wanna eff them up talking them off. I heard it was held on my "clips", but then I also heard about a screw. And perhaps taking off the side mirror which scares me a bit...lol.

Any help would be appreciated. A put a pic below just in case anyone is confused as to what I'm talking about.

I would possibly be interested in some chrome strips that will either replace or cover up the 2 strips in question....but I can't seem to find any on the internet.

Oh, and one more thing. If anyone here has any already taken off....good condition or not....I wouldn't mind buying them from ya just as like a test piece...or to paint it in case I screw my old ones up. They are pretty expensive to buy from EOM.

If the answer to all of the above questions is "No", then what is the current going rate to rent "Clinton", "buggman", or "STL" for the weekend?

Jeff
ShoalsRanger
Formally known as: Shoals789

-Trail Fx Bed Rails
-Rhino Liner w/topcoat
-6x8 Pioneer Speakers w/Sony Head Unit