My 2002 Edge 3.0L is loosing coolant, here are the facts:
1. I've replaced the upper and lower big hoses, no leak visible
2. Looks to be original 85,000 mile water pump
3. New serp belt
4. Flushed with Prestone Flush and refilled with 50/50 Pre-mix
5. Looks to be original radiator cap
6. Pressure tested to 16 pounds and did not lose pressure.
7. Coolant loss is gradual - maybe 12 ounces a week.
8. No sign of heater core leaks or wet floor in cab
9. Evidence of coolant loss is sprayed everywhere - sway bar, crank sensor, driveway - but I cant see anything leaking while under the truck while it's running.
10. Slight chirping sound occassionally under the hood - Belt looks dry - is this water pump bearing trouble?
11. No leaks visible at "T" fitting in new lower Motorcraft hose.
12. A canister of Aluminseal was tried and seemed to help temporarily.
13. No white exhaust or white stuff in oil (these are signs that 90's Mustangs blew a head gasket, don't know if it applies to a 3.0L V6)
Any help is appreciated, I'm about to lower myself and go to a shop