Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:51 PM
XLTSS XLTSS is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7
Default Re: belt tensioner/gatorback belt question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgheel View Post
Gatorback #4060895 fit perfect on my 98 3.0. Squeaking is gone after replacing tensioner assembly, idler pulley, and belt... finally
sorry to dig up an old thread. i tried to PM you but to no avail. I am in the midsts of trying to install a gatorback belt on a 2000 3.0 (same setup as the 97/98 as far as i can tell). I was given a 4060882 as thats the stock in most systems. However it is not even close to fitting with the auto tensioner completely disengaged. I wanted to confirm that the 4060895 is still fitting properly. My worry is that it will eventually stretch out and cause a lot of issues. feel free to PM me.
  #17  
Old 01-16-2014, 07:25 AM
mopar9012 mopar9012 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 518
Default Re: belt tensioner/gatorback belt question

I bought a gatorback once. It wasn't even close to fitting, my guess is it wasn't for a truck that had AC. Also, I always have to have another person with me to get on a new belt. That tensioner only goes down so far for me and the belt it's tough to get around the idler.
__________________
2002 3.0 Ford Ranger 4x2, Auto, 250k miles
  #18  
Old 01-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,310
Default Re: belt tensioner/gatorback belt question

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLTSS View Post
I was given a 4060882 as thats the stock in most systems. However it is not even close to fitting with the auto tensioner completely disengaged. I wanted to confirm that the 4060895 is still fitting properly. My worry is that it will eventually stretch out and cause a lot of issues. feel free to PM me.
For what it's worth Gatorback makes six other belt sizes between those two part #'s you mentioned. No reason to make the full 1.3" jump if your concerned.

They essentially make eight compatible belts that cover a 1.3" difference.

I'm sure you can find something that would work better if the larger 89.5" version has you worried about stretching - which should be minimal when dealing with Gatorback's.

Gatorback Part #4060882 = 88.20" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060883 = 88.30" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060885 = 88.50" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060887 = 88.70" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060889 = 88.90" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060891 = 89.10" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060893 = 89.30" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060895 = 89.50" Effective Length
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster

Last edited by Logan03CO; 01-16-2014 at 08:15 AM.
  #19  
Old 01-16-2014, 12:53 PM
XLTSS XLTSS is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7
Default Re: belt tensioner/gatorback belt question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
For what it's worth Gatorback makes six other belt sizes between those two part #'s you mentioned. No reason to make the full 1.3" jump if your concerned.

They essentially make eight compatible belts that cover a 1.3" difference.

I'm sure you can find something that would work better if the larger 89.5" version has you worried about stretching - which should be minimal when dealing with Gatorback's.

Gatorback Part #4060882 = 88.20" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060883 = 88.30" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060885 = 88.50" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060887 = 88.70" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060889 = 88.90" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060891 = 89.10" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060893 = 89.30" Effective Length
Gatorback Part #4060895 = 89.50" Effective Length
appreciate the help! i ended up exchanging my belt (after trying it warm and still being short half an inch)

I grabbed a 88.70" AC DELCO as the gatorbacks weren't in stock. Took me 2 minutes to get it on. My trucks purring.

Thanks guys!
  #20  
Old 05-28-2015, 10:03 PM
SkipDaShu SkipDaShu is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2
Default Re: belt tensioner/gatorback belt question

I'm returning my Gates K060882 to O'Riley tomorrow (88.3" effective length) and getting ONE size larger (K060883) which is 88.43" (and strangely is $3 cheaper). Will let ya'll know.

Posting just so ya'll have the Gates #s also.
  #21  
Old 10-04-2015, 05:00 PM
MichiganJP MichiganJP is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Default Re: belt tensioner/gatorback belt question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipDaShu View Post
I'm returning my Gates K060882 to O'Riley tomorrow (88.3" effective length) and getting ONE size larger (K060883) which is 88.43" (and strangely is $3 cheaper). Will let ya'll know.

Posting just so ya'll have the Gates #s also.
Did you get the belt to fit Skip? I am trying to find out which one to buy for my 1999 Ranger, I don't want to buy the wrong one because I have to order it on the internet, no store to my knowledge sells them near me and that is strange, I have them all being in the Detroit Metro area.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT Extended Cab 4WD 3.0 6L Engine with air and power steering, Hard Shell over bed.

67,000 Miles (OCT - 2015) JP
Email: blogtv03@yahoo.com
  #22  
Old 10-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Logan03CO Logan03CO is offline
No wire hangers, ever!

 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10,310
Default Re: belt tensioner/gatorback belt question

This is a very old thread & bumping multiple 'Gatorback' threads & asking the same information in each makes things confusing for members

We appreciate your searching & it works good for research - but we prefer you dont ask the same question in multiple old threads.

Thanks!

PS - I've left the original thread you bumped 'open' & it is located here: Gatorback belt not fitting
__________________
Curent 2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 owner - Build Thread for her: Logan's 2003 Mach 1

Former 2003 Ford Ranger owner - Build Thread for her: Project Budget Buster

Last edited by Logan03CO; 10-04-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GatorBack or MotorCraft belt? RangerSteve General Tech 12 10-04-2015 05:14 PM
Tensioner Pulley or Belt? Pbav8tor 3.0 Vulcan Tech 6 03-12-2011 08:51 PM
Engine belt slipping off of the tensioner. need help!!! blueranger1801 3.0 Vulcan Tech 5 02-02-2011 08:56 AM
replacing belt...gatorback? mopar9012 General Tech 3 12-07-2010 10:33 PM
which size gatorback belt to fix chirping? korins 3.0 Vulcan Tech 1 11-17-2010 12:19 AM