Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 11-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Ethan361 Ethan361 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 95
Default squealing again

So, today i replaced the belt tensioner pulley thinking that it was causing the squealing. Get everything back on and it turns out that it wasn't the pulley. So now me and a friend of mine think it is the a/c compressor. I'm just not sure what it could be, i remember last time i posted a thread about the squealing someone said it could the cam syncronizer. I guess that is still a possibility. I'm just curious as to what it could be. My air and heat run perfectly fine. When i am accelerating the squeal gets very rapid and loud, but when i'm in neutral and its just idling it doesn't squeal hardly at all. Any ideas?
__________________
'02 3.0L Ranger edge stepside regular cab
air box mod
line-x
cb radio
10'' sub
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 PM
hotrodranger hotrodranger is offline
Drive it hard or park it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
Send a message via Yahoo to hotrodranger
Default Re: squealing again

i had an 02 that did the same thing found out the belts i was useing where the wrong size kept to much tension on the pullys made them slick. also do u have an oil leak serpintine belts hate oil water and dirt try cleaning all touch points with a grease and wax remover. also if u change ur belt spend the extra and get the better one
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2010, 06:48 PM
XLT1986 XLT1986 is offline
2011 Ford Ranger Sport
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 94
Default Re: squealing again

I have a 2004 with the 4.0 mine did the same thing the cause was a bad idler pully and a worn belt hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: squealing again

Yea, uhhh you need to make sure you rule out whether it's the cam sync. That's not something you can afford to play around with. If you neglect it, kaboom goes your engine, and empty goes your wallet.

Pull the belt off the truck and start it up. If it still squeals, cam sync. If not, something else.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Ethan361 Ethan361 is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 95
Default Re: squealing again

i'm pretty sure i got the right belt size, i replaced it just a few months ago. and there aren't any leaks but i can always double check. I also cleaned the belt and the pulleys about a week ago right before the squealing started back up again. i checked my idler pulley and it seems to spin freely like there isn't a problem, but when i did the same thing to the belt tensioner pulley it didn't so i replaced it. As far as the cam sync goes, i'm not sure how to tell if the squealing is coming from it. i know that if it was that, the squealing would be coming from the engine and not the pulleys and that area. the sound i have been hearing comes from the pulleys.
__________________
'02 3.0L Ranger edge stepside regular cab
air box mod
line-x
cb radio
10'' sub
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: squealing again

If you can definitely tell it's coming from the pulleys and not the rear of the engine, then it's not the cam sync.

Last edited by Fordzilla80; 12-05-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 PM
nick6940mm nick6940mm is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Cool Re: squealing again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan361 View Post
So, today i replaced the belt tensioner pulley thinking that it was causing the squealing. Get everything back on and it turns out that it wasn't the pulley. So now me and a friend of mine think it is the a/c compressor. I'm just not sure what it could be, i remember last time i posted a thread about the squealing someone said it could the cam syncronizer. I guess that is still a possibility. I'm just curious as to what it could be. My air and heat run perfectly fine. When i am accelerating the squeal gets very rapid and loud, but when i'm in neutral and its just idling it doesn't squeal hardly at all. Any ideas?
hey,i am having the same squealing did see fordzilla80 post iwill try that. email laterlater nick6940mm

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
If you can definitely tell it's coming from the pulleys and not the rear of the engine, then it's not the came sync.
u know that sound really travels around in the engin

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Yea, uhhh you need to make sure you rule out whether it's the cam sync. That's not something you can afford to play around with. If you neglect it, kaboom goes your engine, and empty goes your wallet.

Pull the belt off the truck and start it up. If it still squeals, cam sync. If not, something else.
iam goin to try the removel of the belt let u know what happens
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help stop the SQUEALING!!!!! 6Tetons6 3.0 Vulcan Tech 10 02-09-2012 11:56 PM
squealing noise ryangtp89 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 5 11-11-2010 05:16 AM
Brakes squealing! JohnC Drivetrain Tech 8 09-07-2010 12:42 PM
Whistling/Squealing Problem bassplyer92517 General Tech 1 02-15-2010 07:05 PM
A/C compressor squealing and seizing Sol General Tech 7 08-25-2009 08:43 PM