Re: 98' 3.0L... No acceleration, power, or pep
just want to suggest what i did when I am having misfires in my 3.0
1. clean maf sensor
2. clean egr/ egr ports
3. replaced dpfe sensor/hoses (went to the junk yard and grab the one from a ford taurus, they are better in design)
4. get a tester and check for continuity on the fuel injectors connection,replace when its bad
5.check ignition coil,theres a lot in the junk yard!
6. replace fuel filter.
7. clean throttle body
8. remove the plenum/intake body and scrub all the carbon inside of it manually, seafoam doesnt help at all..and change the plenum gasket.
9. replace sparkplugs and wires if they are old and due already.
10. if you have money,replace your catalytic converter,if you dont have emissions testing in your state,just get it at your nearest auto parts store, and please dont remove your cats,bad for the environment!
1997 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6 2WD
Nothing special lol,