Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 05-13-2016, 07:36 PM
kh2020 kh2020 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 19
Default Truck Very Slow

My ranger is soooo slow, what can I do? In all ways, it is a slug.
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger XLT
3.0L V6 Silver
Plasti Dipped Wheels, Logos, Grill
Rockford Fosgate Sub
Pioneer Stereo
Flowmaster 40 Series
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2016, 07:46 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,258
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Turbo. Supercharger. V8 swap. Sell it and buy an SRT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2016, 07:47 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh2020 View Post
My ranger is soooo slow, what can I do? In all ways, it is a slug.


I've said it about 5 times now. You bought a ranger not a mustang..
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-13-2016, 07:48 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,258
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_house102 View Post
I've said it about 5 times now. You bought a ranger not a mustang..
3.blow at that
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2016, 07:50 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
3.blow at that


Gets a tad bit better with a 4.0 but not much.
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,258
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_house102 View Post
Gets a tad bit better with a 4.0 but not much.
Especially not my ohv lol
SOHC makes over 200hp 207 iirc
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-13-2016, 08:09 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
Especially not my ohv lol
SOHC makes over 200hp 207 iirc


When we were racing in my buddies field his 4.0 explorer did way better. Especially take offs. (since it was SOHC)
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-13-2016, 08:31 PM
kh2020 kh2020 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 19
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

theres gotta be something to al least make it a little better, it is sooo slow, it has a hard time
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger XLT
3.0L V6 Silver
Plasti Dipped Wheels, Logos, Grill
Rockford Fosgate Sub
Pioneer Stereo
Flowmaster 40 Series
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-13-2016, 08:35 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh2020 View Post
theres gotta be something to al least make it a little better, it is sooo slow, it has a hard time


One minute I'll find you someone's truck with a 3.0 in it.

----------

Project Budget Buster


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-13-2016, 08:37 PM
Bluharley Bluharley is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 33
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Check your MAS sensor, I had problems with that, once in a while it would be a dog when I started to go but then it would grab and go. It was covered with crud. I'm still having a momentary problem on cold starts. Thirty seconds after I start it stumbles a little. I'm going to clean the IAC next. My 4.0L zips along pretty good when everything is warmed up.
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger 4.0L
2wd automatic, unknown miles, roughly 200k
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-13-2016, 08:38 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluharley View Post
Check your MAS sensor, I had problems with that, once in a while it would be a dog when I started to go but then it would grab and go. It was covered with crud. I'm still having a momentary problem on cold starts. Thirty seconds after I start it stumbles a little. I'm going to clean the IAC next. My 4.0L zips along pretty good when everything is warmed up.


He has a 3.0.. It's a boat anchor to begin with. His best bet is to slam harder on the skinny pedal.
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-13-2016, 08:42 PM
Bluharley Bluharley is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 33
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

I had an '84 Chevy with a 3.0, I could push it faster than the engine could.
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger 4.0L
2wd automatic, unknown miles, roughly 200k
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Jimmyspy Jimmyspy is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_house102 View Post
One minute I'll find you someone's truck with a 3.0 in it. ---------- Project Budget Buster Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm confused. Logan's truck was a 4.0. (A supercharged one at that. Haha




OP. It's a 3.0l ranger. Like the other guys have said, it's not gonna be fast. Best bet is to make sure it's in proper running condition.
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, ext. cab, 4.0L v6
Superlifted
33x12.5 Duratracs

1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 ext. cab 4.0l v6 SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-13-2016, 09:04 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Truck Very Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyspy View Post
I'm confused. Logan's truck was a 4.0. (A supercharged one at that. Haha




OP. It's a 3.0l ranger. Like the other guys have said, it's not gonna be fast. Best bet is to make sure it's in proper running condition.


I thought it was a 3.0 oh well I gave him a list of things he'll never do.
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-13-2016, 09:17 PM
Jimmyspy Jimmyspy is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_house102 View Post
I thought it was a 3.0 oh well I gave him a list of things he'll never do.
Lol. You can lead a horse to water, but... Haha
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, ext. cab, 4.0L v6
Superlifted
33x12.5 Duratracs

1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 ext. cab 4.0l v6 SOLD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
3.0l, engine, slow, slowtruck

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow 3.0 benertel 3.0 Vulcan Tech 30 08-27-2014 12:55 PM
2.9l slow 2.9l 2.9 Liter Tech 2 10-07-2013 02:00 PM
Slow 2.5!!! daonlybsd 4-Cylinder Tech 28 07-17-2013 12:58 PM
Truck grinds to a halt in slow turns in 4WD CRP1961 4.0 SOHC / 4.0 OHV Tech 10 04-11-2012 07:29 PM
slow truck willz General Ford Ranger Discussion 0 08-17-2011 07:03 PM