Just got a ranger! HAve many questions and issue
I just got my first truck ever after the loss of my mustang.. she is a 2004 3.0l xlt. I love this thing man! and the price was just right. Ever since i had a work truck as a ranger i've been hooked on them.
That being said - I have some questions if you fine people here wouldn't mind.
1) I have to turn the key on and off a couple of times to build fuel pressure for the car to start. If i dont turn it on to the accessory position and off a couple of times, the truck takes like 10 seconds of crankingn to start. Whats wrong here? i'm replacing the fuel filter in a few days after the injector cleaner goes through.. possible fuel pump issue? is this a common problem?
2) Does my 04 xlt regular cab have torsion bars so i can raise the front of the car a little bit by playing with the torsion bolts?
3) how many miles a tank do you guys usually get, and how big is the gas tank?
4) what are some good mods to do? im doing tune up, clean the throttle body and add K/N filter next week.
5) How do i change the fuel filter? do i need those special line disconnects? or do i just pull the lines out?
6) And for the love of Saints - How the hell am i gonna install a subwoofer / amp in this thing? is it even possible? it just hit me - theres no room to do this! does anyone have any ideas?
Thank you all so much for any help!
Last edited by ZuluAlpha; 05-12-2010 at 07:25 PM.