View Single Post

Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 PM

Default Re: 2008 Ranger XL lift questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpat1985 View Post
1. ride quality change? how much does this change...i heard its real harsh and bouncy after you do these mods
I have not heard bad thing about coil spacers. If it was rough you could always upgrade the shock to a better then OEM shock

Quote:
2. fuel mileage loss...i want to run 32's i have 4.10 gears...how bad will this put a hurting on my fuel mileage...
4.10 gears and 32's are perfect together. You may lose 1 mpg.

Quote:
3. i can't find 2008 lifts anywhere...would 01+ work on my 2008?
You can use a kit from 1998+ On yours they went to less bed bolts holding the bed down. The fuel filler neck will be different but is a easy fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Figured I would throw this in there. Some people choose to use the summit lift for a 98-2000 ranger on the newer trucks it will work but may require some modding of the rear bumper brackets and then a different fuel neck.

Here is what we came up with on my 05 for the fuel neck. We cut the hose in half then went to lowes and got a 4.5" long pipe threaded on both ends. it is 1" in diameter. Cost like 2 dollars

Now when on the truck we pushed it all the way till it was touching the stock metal part that comes down and then put the hose clamp right at the edge of the pipe. There is still at least 1.5" after the hose clam on the tank side