View Single Post

Old 01-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Do not touch the trim!

Default Wal Mart's MAXX batteries

My last battery from Wally World lasted right up to the last few days before the 9 year warranty expired.
A little over 3 years ago that one finally died & I got another MAXX battery. About this same time I upgraded my alternator & all the related wiring to 1/0ga. In all the years since, it's never given me any troubles in the 100*+ summers or the 0* winters... until this winter. About a month ago when the cold set in here, the truck was a little hesitant to start & I knew it wouldn't be long before it would be dead. It would still crank over, but not with the ease it normally had, so when I had to go to Wally World the other day I thought I'd put the 9 year pro-rated warranty to use since it has already passed the 3 year free replacement period.

I come to find out that my warranty had almost $50 worth of credit left, so I decided to just pay the difference & get a brand new one. No questions asked, no let's test it for 4 hours, no have you checked your connections, nothing except "do you want to get the same one?"

It took longer to find someone with a key to unlock the register & sign off on the exchange than it did to get the new battery installed.

For about $35, I've got a brand new battery with another 3 year FREE replacement & 9 year pro-rated warranty.

Not a bad deal

Need LED's? Send me a PM
LINKS... Click 'em - - -> BUGGMAN PICS - - -BUGGMAN'S YouTube Channel - - -BUGGMAN'S FaceBook