View Single Post

Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: Airbag Code 44? Front Sensor Locations?

I have a 2002 ranger and found, after taking my truck to a repair shop, that my 'restraint' light would do what you describe when the seat is ajusted forward close to the steering wheel. I had the light come on each time my wife drives my truck and ajusts the seat up close and have had the light come on when the passenger side seat was ajusted forward close to the dash. I think when the seats are too much forward the air bags present a personal hazard if deployed. Check the seat position or the position sensor. Move the seat back and see if the light goes out. If necessary check the wiring under the seats.

BTW, the shop said that I had a code either the same as yours or similiar. They said something about a restraint 'charge' but the light went out while at their shop. What actually happened was while there they moved the seat back. I later descovered why the light was on when I noticed that it would come on each time the seats were moved forward. Hope this helps.