View Single Post

Old 01-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Ford Tough

Default bettering mpg and performance

ok so i thought after i came back from fort jackson i would do some mods to my truck and see where i can get the little 3.0. So i ordered a AFE Power 51-10741 stage 1 pro dry air intake syetem here is the link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AFE-51-10741/ it does not replace the intake tube just the box with an open element style filter. Now after installing the new filter and box with regular 87octane gas i averaged about a 1 to 2 mile per gallon increase with 92 to 93 octane gas i averaged about a 2 to 4 mile per gallon increase thats both on the same roads same speeds not playing speed racer just the speed limit not flooring it at a green light just light throttle all the time this was filing the tank to where the pump stoped not adding anymore after the pump stops i ran the tank till i got a fuel light every test i tested both for a week monday through friday after traffic in the mornings and before traffic in the afternoon same amount of miles per week which if im not mistaken was anywhere from 235 to 237. (also my tire pressure was at 35psi everyday i checked all 4 tires that was the cold psi not the hot psi) now these were my findings i can get a picture tommrrow of the intake. my next upgrade to the truck will be the fitch fuel treatment system i will run the same amount of test to the same extent for the next upgrade my goal is to get a combined increase of 5 to 10 if not better mpg let me know what yall think would be a better way of increasing my mpg or anything i should try as my next upgrade
automatic trans, 4.10s with L/S
ported and polished TB
4brand new speakers with inslation in doors
smoked tail lights
20%tint on driver and passenger windows
5% tint on back window