View Single Post

Old 01-01-2011, 03:45 PM
florida cracker

Default Re: ford explorer leaf spring help

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjidiot View Post
I swapped my leaf springs out with an explorers and it will give you about 2 inches of lift depending on condition. The explorer I got mine out of was a friends 4 door 98. They are a direct bolt on nothing else needs to to get changed unless you want to swap the a leaf or two around to soften them up cause they are a stiffer spring rate. The eyelet distance between ranger and explorer springs is the same so you will not need to move your hanger. Shocks don't have an affect on your ride height so you wont get lift from there. Personally I would just use the stock shocks because they just stop short of bottoming out as you hit the bump stop also you don't want to over extend your brake lines on full drop. One of the added perks of doing this swap is you truck will not squat as much with a load in the back. Here is a pic from when I did my swap the explorer leaf spring is in the rear it only sat about an inch higher, but due to stiffer rate it ended up lifting it about an inch and a half.
so for a 95 ranger i should get a 95 explorer springs and it should bolt right up???
fabtech bumper with 3 kc

1995 ext. cab ranger
4x4 automatic
4in pipe bumber in rear
cop push bumper on the front
roll bars
30x9.50r15 wild country a/ts